Tuesday, August 2, 2011

52nd St - 8/3

I have done quite a bit on this tonight! My main goals were to :

1) Create more contrast on the interior
2) Help the character in the doorway stand out with more light and color
3) Continue work on a 'mood'



I got rid of some of the unnecessary elements of the scene3 I then moved the light closer to the character so as to light him better. Color was added to the character to help him stand out.

I also tried something interesting with the Occlusion pass. Typically Occlusion just darkens tight areas, but in this case I put a luminosity blending mode on the occlusion pass and merged it with the color beneath. This gave me a color tinted occlusion pass - with the occlusion being slightly blue on the outside and orange on the inside. I like the results of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment