Friday, May 27, 2011

Art Studio Revision

I couldn't quite sit on this one, so I made a few more changes :)




1) The haze quality has been bumped up to get rid of the graininess and the overall haze has been softened

2) I brightened up the bounce light a bit and darkened the textures on the walls

3) I increased the rim lighting on some of the foreground objects

4) I brough down some of the lighting on the main subjects in the center

5) I added Ambient Occlusion to the overall image rather than doing it in post. My reason for this is the haze is difficult to composite in post due to its overall effect on lighting and the occlusion pass didn't look right layered on top. I tried tweaking the occlusion pass using a haze pass to dampen it down wherever the haze existed but it still wasn't quite right ... so doing it pre-render seems to work better for this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment